The interland of Ravenna, from the Apennines to Ravenna and the sea, is full of Romanesque churches. The Romanesque architecture, which combines both Byzantine and Longobard characters, is known for its powerful structure, thick walls, round arches, sturdy columns and cross vaults.
The territory of Ravenna still preserves the witnesses of early Christian art. The Roman Pievi dots the plain and the hills and by visiting them we propose a cultural and spiritual itinerary that combines art, landscapes, quality food and good wine.
Ravenna and surroundings
- Let's start from Ravenna and first stop stop in the Parish of San Pietro, in Trento, located along the
course of the river Montone
- Stop in the town of Godo (once ford on the Tigurio river) where we can admire the Pieve di Santo Stefano
Lunch at Le Spighe Non Solo Piadine with quality cutting board and tasting of local wines such as Burson
- S. Pietro in Sylvis.
- We continue our journey to San Pancrazio to see one of the oldest Romanesque churches
Dinner in a local restaurant in Faenza
Overnight stay and breakfast in Faenza in B&B Fondo Riso.
- We visit the church of Polenta
- We conclude our spirit tour with a visit to the Three Religions Museum, the only one in Italy.
Lunch in Bertinoro.
Return by bus.
The price includes:
- Lunch with cutting board at Le Spighe Non Solo Piadine, with wine tasting
- Dinner in a typical restaurant in Faenza
- Overnight stay in Faenza with breakfast at Fondo Riso
- Typical lunch of the second day, in Bertinoro
- Tour guide for two days with explanation